There are several Sub-Committees of the Board and the Board appoints Advisory Committees to provide input into its strategic discussions.
Until May 2020, the Sub-Committees are:
- Finance and Risk Management (FARM), chaired by Monika Szunejko
- Membership and Awards (MASC), chaired by Robert Knight
- Professional Development Education Research and Publishing (PDERP), chaired by Helen Ebsworth.
After May 2020, a new Board Sub-Committee structure will be? adopted to enable better focus on the Board role of governance and stategic intent.
The new Sub-Committees will be:
- Risk and Governance
- Accreditation and Standards.
The Advisory Committees are:
- ALIA Community on Resource Description
- Australian Public Library Alliance
- Book Industry and Elending Advisory Committee
- Education Advisory Committee
- Health Libraries Advisory Committee (HLA Group)
- Interlibrary Lending Advisory Committee
- International Relations Advisory Committee
- National Library Technicians' Advisory Committee
- New Generation Advisory Committee
- Research Advisory Committee
- School Libraries Advisory Committee (ALIA Schools Group)
- Special Library Working Group
- VET Libraries Advisory Committee
There is also the ALIA Research Fund Committee.
ALIA also has representatives on external committees and working groups, for example:
- Australian Digital Inclusion Index Advisory Group
- Blue Shield Australia
- Business Services Industry Reference Committee
- eSmart Libraries Reference Group
- GLAM Peak
- IFLA sections and committees
- Standards Australia IT-09 Computer Application, Information and Documentation Committee
The ALIA Board governs the Association in accordance with our?Constitution & By-laws. Each year there is an?Annual General Meeting?and we publish an?Annual Report?to inform Members about activities and financial performance.
ALIA has relationships with a number of other organisations, which are formalised with a?Memorandum of Understanding.
There are 25 ALIA staff working at ALIA House and in each State and Territory. Click here for the?ALIA organisational chart.